Monday, May 26, 2008

Veteran Park, Part Deux


Click on image to enlarge. See first batch of photos here.
Here is the 2nd batch of pictures from our outing of Saturday. It has the usual fare, pictures of flowers, birds and the kids at play. They were taken with the stone statues and took a long time observing them. They loved the water fountain and rides. The mirror was the only way I was going to be able to appear on a photo, so here I am. The incredible shrinking LovelyMissKait. I look like I am 2 feet tall. Liam was having so much fun making fun of my stature. But he didn't realize that I was laughing at him because he is short he looked like he didn't have a head, all we were able to see were two sets of legs and a torso. One set of legs was up where the head is supposed to be. :)

There was this gigantic pine tree, that reminded me of Shel Silverstein's The Giving Tree story. There were benches all around the tree where we could sit and rest our tired feet. The kids looked so tiny under the pine...I just loved the blue sky and sheer size of the tree.

They played, ate icecream and then went to Checkers. Fun was had by all.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin