Monday, May 12, 2008

Liam's Birthday and Mother's Day


Liam playing the Spongebob game after everyone was gone.
Daddy comforting Liam. Liam went to him to complain that he hardly got any toys and candies from the Pinata...the other kids were way faster. :)
The kids scrambling around to pick up candies and toys....

Emanuel thought that he was going to have better luck because he is bigger. Was he wrong! He came out swinging hard. Ultimately, it was Catalina that whacked the bull the hardest that it came tumbling down. It didn't break, so dh broke it apart for them and tossed the candies.


Kaylie's turn to club the pinata. She managed to pull off one of the horns.
Just one more try...

Liam whacking the pinata. He thought it was going to be easy. But I covered his eyes and then spun him around...he was so mad that he couldn't hit the pinata. Daddy was lowering the pinata up and down to challenge the kids....
I love the bright colors of this pinata.
Isn't this a cute cake?

Doesn't Liam look cute here? And so sweet, too. :)

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day yesterday.






Liam turned 6 this week so I had decided to have his little party on Sunday; I had a serious memory lapse and forgot what day it was, duh! . We only wanted a few people over: my uncle and his wife, who is still recoving from testicular hernia. I thought he was walking a bit funny...:). He brought his 2 step-grandchildren so Liam had a new playmate. My brother Roberto came straight from his job for a bit, too. My friend Elizabeth came with her son and brought a little friend along.

I cooked everything by myself. I made Yellow rice with pigeon beans, potato salad, a leafy sald (lettuce/romaine/onions/tomatoes and feta cheese), lasagna (double layer: beef and ricotta cheese), baked chicken and baked bbq pork chops. The pigeon beans were brought by my mother in law from Puerto Rico. I had to boil them for 45 minutes before I was able to add it to the rice. I started some of the preparations the night before, but most of the work was done on Sunday as I like everything freshly made. I hate reheated food or overcooked.

By the time I sat for dinner, most everyone was done. Liam was super excited and couldn't wait to dig in to his Spongebob cake. He wanted a Spongebob cake so he was one happy boy. Liam and the kids were playing outside, so he kept coming in every 15 minutes to ask when the cake was going to be cut. He couldn't wait for me to clean up the table and set up....sheesh!

Anyway, after slaving over a hot stove and oven, I really couldn't enjoy eating my dinner. I was so freaking hot and bothered, that I didn't even eat much of anything.
We sang Liam the birthday song...he was acting shy, which is so endearing and strange at the same time. He did look adorable, though. He shoved the cake in his mouth as fast as he could, then demanded to open the gifts. I made him wait for everyone to finish eating the cake and icecream, then let him open the gifts.

We got him a super cool bike, which he can't ride because he can't reach the hand breaks. So much for that cool present! I got him a Spongebob game that one plugs to the tv, he loved it. He got a blow up scooby doo sand bag toy that he can punch around and a helicopter.

All in all, it was a day for Liam, and not a day for me. But, I can handle that. 127

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin