Friday, May 23, 2008

Field Day / Photo Intensive Post

Kaylie and Liam hand-holding while on a walk at our local hangout. You would have thought that all the excitement of field day would have been enough for them, but, No. They had energy to kill. I can't say I blame them; the weather was almost perfect for a walk.

I am so glad that I remembered to turn on the enhance sky filter on my camera (it ju7st makes the sky a it bluer). The sky looks fabulous. Wow, I can't believe that this shots of the kids up in the air in the swing is not blurred.

Aren't these gorgeous? They would be, if I didn't have the copyright blurb on top of it.

This little bee was happy to pose for me.

And he makes it back to home base and passes the hula hoop to the next participant.

Liam on his way back to homefield. I am doing it, Mom. Watch me run like the wind!

Watch how fast I am going, Mom!


Almost tumbled over in his haste out of the start line.

Here is Liam finally getting a turn. Also getting a bit of assistant from his teacher.
The head band slipped down and is now covering his eyes. Hey buddy, can you see?

Liam is super excited about joining the games that his excitement can not be contained.

On her way back to tag her team mate.

Almost to the finish line...

Here is Kaylie with her hoop racing to the end of the field.

Field Day at last. Field day was supposed to be last week, but it was cancelled due to inclement weather. Today was a beautiful day, sunny with white clouds and blue sky. Except it was windy and a tad cold. Here is Liam, in his red Survivor shirt waiting to be called to the field to play.
Edit: Later on at night the kids were taking about how much fun they had had at Field day. Liam is under the impression that in order for one to have fun, one must be the winner.
A perfect time to explain to them that winning is not everything. Sure, it is great to win first place, but just because your team didn't place in first place it doesn't mean that you are a looser. You are all winners, you just didn't win that day.
I want them to understand that having fun, trying your best, working together, friendship and sportmanship are most important. Winning is sure to follow, if you remember these things.
255

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin