Saturday, May 24, 2008

Satuday Happenings

While out for a walk, Liam spotted this Gipsy Moth caterpillar on this dirty rock.

Kaylie and Liam at the Columbus overpass. I absolutely detest walking over bridges because I have a fear of heights. The fact that there are cars doing 75 miles an hour below does not help alleviate my apprehension. I force myself to walk across to face my fear. The kids have no idea that this scares me. They look so happy skipping along like it is the most normal thing in the world.

This little guy was very very busy sampling each and every flower on sight!

Every Saturday, DH takes the kids over to his mother's house, Abuela Esther. Once there, Abuela calls her daughter so she can bring her two daughters over to play with Kaylie and Liam. The oldest girl is 11 and the little one, Leila, is 4. Leila loves Kaylie and wants to play with her all the time, but dislikes Liam for some reason. Liam gets so mad and jealous that Leila never wants to play with him.

But I digress, since DH is not here this week, Kaylie was bemoaning the fact that she wouldn't get a chance to visit Abuela and play with the girls. I don't mind visiting for a couple of hours, but I don't like to stay 3 or 4 hours like DH does. So, I took the kids over to Abuela's house, but went earlier and only stayed for 2 1/2 hours. Thereafter, I went over to my Dad's house, where I spend another hour. As I was driving to my dad's house, I was pointing out to them the places that I used to hang out when I was younger. We also drove by the first house that I used to live in when we first arrived in the U.S. 219 South Clinton Ave., Trenton, N.J.

(I will finish the posting tomorrow. It is almost 12:00 and I am beat. Goodnight!)
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin