Monday, June 2, 2008

What's In a Name? Studio Start 96 @ Scrapbook-Graphics




My Dearest Liam,


You haven’t asked yet about the origin of your name and why I chose it, but I know you will.


It is a Puerto Rican custom to give everyone a nickname, whether you like it or not. I HATE this custom with a passion. I vowed that when I had my children, I would NOT give them nicknames. I went out of my way to pick names that were not easy to derive nicknames from.


In 1993, I was watching “Schindler’s List" and fell in love with an actor by the name of Liam Neesom. His portrayal of Oscar Schindler, the German who saved 1200 Jews from dying in German Nazi camps was so inspiring to me that I never forgot him.


My friend Toni, had a brother named Ian, whose name I liked, too. In my subconcious, I had these 2 names set aside for my future son. In the end, Liam had a stronger emotional meaning to me, thus the reason I chose it.


Your name is pronounced LEE-am. It is of Irish and Gaelic origin. Variant of William (Old German) "will helmet, protection".


Black and red pattern paper from Moments mini kit by Birgit Kerr


http://www.scrapbookgraphics.com/xcart/product.php?productid=20322&cat=0&page=1
Folded Paper Bg.: A Pastiche for the Boys, Paper Set 1 by Jessica Bolton


http://www.scrapbookgraphics.com/xcart/product.php?productid=20814&cat=0&page=1
Cream colored papers (overlaid on top of folded paper) is from Out of a Whim - Warm Solids by Dianne Rigdon


Sketch by Asa Bergstrand/Pencillines

Clear Alpha:I Can See Clearly alpha by Misty Cato.

Font: Century Gothic

Photos of Liam Neesom downloaded from the net.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin