Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dearest Blog, I am sorry

Dear Blog,

I am sorry I have been away from you for so long but I have been busy. My beloved computer is having growing issues, which is forcing me to purge files. Frankly, I don't like doing it, but I have to if I want to get back to scrapping.

However, on Friday, I started a scrapbook for Mrs. Gibbons, Liam's Kindergarten teacher, which I had to finish by Sunday. I chose an 8x8 format and did 13 digital pages, 3 totally paper pages and even included notes and artwork within the book, all neatly arranged. The pages look wonderful on my computer screen, but look a hundred times better printed on professional photo paper.

I took my pages to Walmart to have them printed, but made sure to tell them to print on 8x8 paper, not 8x10. If they print the 8x8 on an 8x10, the copier automatically enlarges the 8x8 to fit the 8x10 size thus cropping the top and bottom of the pages. I know, I had them test it so they knew the problem that they would have if they did it that way; I also told them if the copies came back cropped, I wouldn't pay for them.

The machine can do 8x8 pages, but the most commonly asked size is 8x10 so most of the store employees look at you crazy when you ask for something other than 8x10 because more than likely they are not trained on it, or so I was told.

The kids are having their end of school year party today and I am so bummed because I can't attend. Only homeroom parents can be there; I am not a homeroom parent. I am a volunteer, and am there every time they need me. I didn't make the decision to become a homeroom parent because I didn't know if it would interfere with me being able to volunteer at Kaylie's class, too, if activities fell on the same days and times.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin