Monday, June 2, 2008

Maguire AFB Air Show / Photos

Geico Sky Typers on T28's
I have no idea who she is but I loved the colors, and her wild hair in the wind. She is dangling in mid-air.



T-28 & Sky Acrobatics
Kaylie posing pretty inside one of the airplanes

Oxygen tanks

Sitting area

Cockpit gauges


Cockpit

Kaylie, Liam and Daddy boarding the plane. The cockpit, gauges, sitting area and oxygen tanks are from this airplane.








Jet car

Soldiers jumping from airplaine. Parachutes opening and softly drifting down.

Thunderbird Jet
Couldn't pass up the op to photograph this truck in view of the fact that dh is a driver. The pain job on this truck is fabulous!

Isn't this a cool looking plane?



Daddy and Liam entering Maguire AFB.

Hello Friends,

As promissed, here are some of the photos that I took at the show. Of course, you won't see any of me. :)

I am so very glad that the day turned out to be sunny and clear. And I am especially grateful that I remembered to wear suntan lotion (No-Ad SPF45) because I was exposed to the sun for a very long time and just noticed the slight rash on my arms. If I hadn't worn suntan lotion, I would be itching like crazy! I am the only one in summer wearing long sleeves to hide from the sun due to my allergic reaction to it.

But I digress, I remembered to bring the umbrellas, too, just in case. The kids were looking forward to viewing all the airplanes and stunts.

A $1.00 can of soda was $3.00. A small hotdog in a bun was also $3.00. A coffee mug was $10.00. It was very sunny and kind of hot. It got hotter as the day progressed.

The jetcar shows was impressive. The noise generated from its engine was horrific. The smokecloud looked like a mushroom cloud. That baby was doing over 400 mph. The highlight of the show was the jetcar racing against an airplane. We didn't stick around for this part as Kaylie was experiencing stomach pains.

These are the best photos that I could take considering that I only have a 5 megapixel camera. Thank God for all the tutorials at the different photography sites to fix photos, and for the many filters and actions. 349
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got some great shots!!! 5 megapixels is just enough as long as your'e not going to enlarge the photos too much I think, my camera, (canon powershot A610), is also 5 mp, although I'm considering buying a new better one.

And you're not alone with sunallergy, I've got the same problem. Like most scandinavians I've got light and sensitive skin so I'm always using sunscreen but I don't think it helps against the sunrashes so much. For me it's getting better after a while and by the middle of the summer I've got alomost no problems, mild cortisoncreme also helps to calm down the itching.(At least it helps me get some sleep at night, lol) It's like you have to slowly accustom your skin to the sun every year.

Sorry, I think I got carried away with the subject;)

iris said...

great pics! And with a 5megapixel camera?? Wow you really made great use of your camera! Love your recent layouts too. I love that the paper had those folded lines which made it look aged.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin