Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Glimpses of Father's Day

Daddy opening Liam's present.

Daddy reading Kaylie's card.

Liam doing what he does best...having fun.

Blast off!

Tada!

Splashdown...

I love this photo of the kids. Liam has a special grin on his face. I wonder what they were talking about...


Spareribs....hmmm, I am hungry.

Yellow rice with pigeon beans (olives and peppers, too.)


Daddy and Kaylie hanging out. Hammock time.

Some flowers from the trip to the lake that I DIDN'T take. :)



Hummingbird .
Cool fact: Did you know that Hummingbirds can only be found in the Americas?

Hummingbird

Breakfast.

Yesterday, we went to Ewing Cemetery to visit Mom, then went over to Dad's house and finally ended over at my mother in law's house. While at the inlaws, it started pouring cats and dogs! The lightning and thunder were incredible. It did cool off the hot weather we have been having.

My father is a Jehovah's Witness so he does not celebrate Father's Day. I didn't have anything planned for dh. Kaylie and I had planned on getting up early to make breakfast for Daddy to take it up to his bed, but it didn't work out. The kids got up first, then Daddy, then me. Anyway, Kaylie wanted French toast, while Liam only wanted ham. Daddy wanted coolwhip. So, we had French Toast with Ham and a dollop of whip cream for breakfast.

Once breakfast was out of the way, we had to concentrate on dinner. DH wanted Porter Steak and ribs. Also yellow rice with pigeon beans, my favorite. Obviously, I had to go to the store to get it. Kaylie came along because she is a smart cookie. She knows that when she comes with me, I always stop at the lake for a quick look, and today was no exception. I just told her not to mention it to dh as he gets all bent out of shape if I go somewhere else other than my intended trip, especially now that the price of gasoline is $4.00 a gallon. (IT WILL BE OUR SECRET, RIGHT?!)

Anyway, Kaylie took one of her dolls for a stroll, while I concentrated on observing the various bird and flowers that always grab my attention. I even saw a hummingbird! They are so tiny and hard to photograph. It is times like this that I had a Canon Rebel XTI with a 70-300 lense, or just a better camera. Don't get me wrong, I realize that this is a WANT, not a NEED. And I am lucky that I have a digital, which has served me well these last 2 1/2 years. But I think it is time for a replacement. Maybe after we finish paying off our house this year, I can convince dh that I need a better one. Crossing my fingers.

But I digress, let's get back to Father's Day, after our trip to the store, and only the store, nowhere else, right?!, I got home and started cooking. Daddy and the kids were chilling under the tree. DH brought a hammock from his trip to Puerto Rico...the kids love it!

While in the hammock, Daddy watched the grill and played with the kids. After we had dinner, the kids went out to get wet in their new water slide. He got his presents at the end of the day. We got him 2 dress shirts and 4 short sleeves shirts. (He didn't get more because he is very picky). Liam made him several hand-crafted trinkets and Kaylie made him a card in the shape of a tie. Enough talking, here are the photos. 471
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin