Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Visit to the Dentist







Liam turned 6 years old last month. He still has all of his baby teeth. Not one of them is loose yet. However, I just noticed that his permanent teeth on the bottom had grown in! Liam didn't even complain about gum pain or anything. I found out strictly by accident.


The funny thing was that Kaylie was upset that Liam had 4 front bottom while she only had 2. She thought that Liam could eat better because he had 4...how silly is that?


I called the dentist to have it check out and sure enough, the baby teeth have to be removed. I took him in after school was over.


The whole thing took maybe 15 minutes from start to finish. I really thought that the dentist would just look him over and send us home with a return visit in the future. Imagine my surprise that she started prepping him right away. They took an xray, which they uploaded to the computer in the examining room. The dentist then dabbed something on a cotton swab which she then rubbed on his gum and lip. Next came the cool sunshades which are meant to protect the eyes from the glaring light. (between you and me: I bet you any kind of money the REAL purpose is to keep the kids from seeing the huge injection that they will be getting with their novocaine). Toward the end of the shot, when the doctor was squeazing in the very last drop of medication, Liam grunted. But my goodness, I am so very proud of him; he really was on his best behaviour. Anyway, a few minutes went by, the assistant got out a blue treasure box, the doctor got her tools and out came the 2 teeth. The 2 tiny teeth were placed in the treasure box to be given to the tooth fairy. Liam made sure to tell the dentist that he wanted his teeth back, and a sticker. :)


We then went to Burger King where he ate chicken nuggets and a chocolate shake. He couldn't wait to go to school the next day to show his classmates. LOL
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin