Friday, June 20, 2008

Fun, Fun, Fun at Great Adventure

Roller Coaster
Foghorn Leghorn, a loud, Southern rooster.

Marvin the Martian (Commander X-23 on original cartoons) His mission was to destroy earth because it obstructed his view of Venus. Marvin always used to try to blow up the Earth using the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator. (The space modulator creates more Martians) Can you tell he was my favorite character?

Orchid?

Tortoise topiary

Aldabra Tortoise, found in an island off of the coast of Africa. Can live to be up to 250 years old.

Oasis
Kaylie enjoying a cool water splash


Monkey carving from Treehouse


Treehouse

Treehouse

Locomotive

Monkey Around (swings)

Live Tiger


Funnel cake with powder sugar

Liam wearing, err, I mean, eating funnel cake. The powder sugar was all over him, around him, on the table...

Bugs Bunny airplane rides

Kaylie and Marvin the Martian, who is still looking for his Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator and promises not to blow up planet Earth. :) At least, not while the super cute Kaylie is still here. :)

teacups

A continuation of yesterday's post...

After we picked up the gift for Naysa's birthday, I had the bright idea to take the kids to Six Flags Great Adventure. It was my first time going there...well, not really my first time since last time I went there was over 18 years ago, well, yeah, it was my first time. And a big accomplishment for me, too, since I hate traveling alone. I have a deep fear of getting lost and not finding my way out. (Edit: I did NOT get lost, yay!)

The kids loved it. They had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back again. Here are some photos I took to remember this wonderful day.

Oh, did I also tell you that yesterday was the longest day in history for me. We got out of the house at 8:00 a.m. to be at the doctor's office by 8:30 a.m. We then got out of the doctor's office and went to Long Bridge Park (see previous post). After we got out of the park, we went to Toys R Us to get a gift. We then went home quickly for a potty break and to let Speedy the Chihuahua out, too. Subsequently, we left for Great Adventure and didn't return home until 6:15 p.m. My feet were swollen from so much walking but the kids were happy. Gave them a bath and a quick bite and off to bed they went. Would you believe that they were up at 7:00 this morning?

Oh, a bag of m&ms normally costs $.69, at Great Adventure costs $3.00. A 12-oz. can of soda is $3.00 and I think I saw the pint of water for the same price, too. A funnel cake usually costs about $4.00, it costs $6.99 there. A tiny and I mean tiny (what they called small) icee cost $3.00. It is highway robbery.

They do not allow anyone to bring in food or beverages. They even inspect all bags and purses, too, too make sure noone sneaks in food. They are really looking for weapons and contraband...

Anyway, I am taking the kids to Great Adventure again next week...maybe Monday or Tuesday, but this time I will take them to the Zafari first, then continue exploring the park.

Here are some highlights of what we saw, ate and did! Did I tell you that I took 369 photos?

Have a great weekend everyone. Stay cool and safe.
488
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Kate Hadfield said...

Wow, what incredible photos - the tiger one is my favourite (and possibly the tortoise topiary too...lol) It looks like you all had a great day!

Thanks for the comment on my blog by the way, you made some very valid points! I just wanted to say that the anonymous commenters simply gave me the push I needed to revamp my blogging, I had become very lazy with my posts and even lazier with my scrapping and had been meaning to do something about it for ages. I just hadn't got round to it! Sometimes I need a gentle shove in the right direction to make me do things I know I need to do :)

Thanks again for the comment!

Robin said...

marvin is my favorite too! i'll have to show you my h.s. halloween costume!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin