Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hybrid Layout / Jen Caputo Photo Grids

This is a star with swirls digital element that I printed and trimmed. I slid it under the photo, glued the swirl and star to the cardstock but let the swirl and star on top of the photo free. I like the freestyle look and how it dangles.
The ribbon you see here is made up of 3 different ribbons that I stitched together. I love the stapled star. And best of all, I didn't have to worry about shadows! :)





I did this layout for a Jen Caputo playday over at Scrapbook-Graphics. We hope to put a smile on her face as she has had a few unsavory challenges/problems in the last few weeks.

Remember my photos from the McGuire AFB show back in June? I was itching to scrap them so I made 3 layouts about it yesterday. 2 of the pages are digital but this one is a hybrid.

I wanted to try out the photo grids templates by Jen, to see if they would work as she had said. Sure enough, they were very handy. They are designed to fit a 12x12 page, but I reduced the grid to 8x8 so I could have lots of extra room for journaling, title and decorations. I blocked the photos, saved it as a jpeg and took it to Walmart for printing. I waited an hour for the block of photos to be printed, but was well worth the wait. The photos look amazing! Well worth the money I spent on it, too.

The layout is kind of simple, but I was working with supplies that I had on hand. As always, I have the great pictures, journaling and simple scheme. I can see myself doing more paper pages for sure. It was definitely different for me. I used glue, stitching and staples to affix things. :) You know I got to have my staples.

Supplies:
Cardstock Ppr.
Red Bg. ppr. by Colorbok
Font: Century Gothic
staples
Acid free glue
thread. needle, scissors, x-acto knife
Clear photo corners (holds the picture in place)
sheer ribbon / grossgrain ribbon / 1/8' stripped ribbon (which where hand-sewn together into 1 ribbon)
Stitched buttons (digital) by LJD (I see stars kit)

Star with swirls (digital) by Maya (Big Top kit)
http://www.scrapbookgraphics.com/xcart/product.php?productid=21123&cat=0&page=1
Photo Grid Templates by Jen Caputo
http://www.scrapbookgraphics.com/xcart/product.php?productid=20635&cat=0&page=1
936
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin