Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Poison Ivy

This is where most of the itching takes place at it covers a bigger expanse.
(right side of face/along jaw area)
(left side of face)

Alcohol burn/Poison Ivy Rash
Oh my goodness, I am so frigging itchy. On one of my outings at the park, I must have gotten too close to a poison ivy plant because I started breaking out in itchy blotches. It started on my ankle, then moved to the underside of my breast, and worked its way up my neck to my face.
I rubbed alcohol on my skin and it caused a burn. So weird, I can handle the stinging sensation of a burn better than I can the itching sensation of the rash. The itching is so intense that I just want to scratch my skin off. Over the counter remedies don't work.

I called the Dr. this morning and they got me in right away. An hour later, I walked away with:
  1. Medrol 4mg pk (21 tablets)

  2. Triamcinolon 0.1% Cream

  3. Atarax 10mg (Rash and itch)

I applied the Triamcinolon cream and felt almost immediate relief. My skin is not so itchy. I was told to take Atarax while at home because it would make me tired. I couldn't take it right away because I still had to take Liam to the optometrist for an eye exam.


It is now 4:15 and am able to take it. I hope it works quickly as the itch is driving has returned full strength and is driving me crazy already. I can only apply the cream 2 times a day.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin