Saturday, July 5, 2008

Purple Gloves/July 4th/6 Degrees of Separation

Pull up your pants, buddy!


I briefly mentioned in one of my posts last week that I had to take Kaylie to the Pediatrician because she has been having stomach troubles as of late. Here is the scoop.

I took her in on Thursday to be examined. The doctor brought to my attention that Kaylie has only gained 1 ounce in weight since her visit in Jan. 2008. She gave me a bunch of test tubes and PURPLE GLOVES. Now, can you figure out what I am supposed to do with those gloves?

-
-
-

Give up? I have to collect "samples"to be taken to the lab on Monday. I am like the worst person when it comes to bodily excretions, fluids and the like. Because of lack of family history, the doctor wants to make sure to perform thorough testing for any possible stomach troubles, especially CELIAC DISEASE. I am praying that this is not the diagnosis I get. In the meantime, Kaylie is supposed to take FLORASTOR twice daily.

Anyway, let me bring you up to speed on our July 4th celebration. We went over to our neighbors, Bud and Mary's house, who live 3 houses down from us. You might recall these neighbors from an entry I posted about 1 1/2 months ago, titled "Shaking Down the Neighbors."

Everyone was supposed to bring something...I brought my specialty: Yellow Rice with Pigeon Beans. There was so much food there...burgers, hotdogs, corn on the cob, maccaroni salad, potato salad, cole slaw, guacamole, dips, chips, crackers, crabs, baked beans, stuffing, bbq ribs, chicken, pineapple/kielbasa bobs, soft philadelphia pretzels, cakes, gelatin, scones, sodas of all kinds, popsicles, beer and wine. I know I am forgetting stuff, but you get the idea...lots of food, drinks and fun.

The kids spent 95 percent of their time in the pool. They looked so cute...they had new bathing suits/trunks - coordinated. Once Kaylie saw the red/white/blue swimsuit, she didn't want any other. There was a beautiful orange bathing suit that looked wonderful with her skin tone, but the patriotic swimsuit won hands down. "Mama, it IS July 4th, you know, and this bathing suit is perfect!" How can I fight this kind of logic?

Liam spent most of his time pulling up his pants. It was so funny, one time he got out of the pool and his pants came down half way down his butt. Everyone started laughing; he was so mad. He quickly got over it though.

Oh my goodness, as I was chatting with Mary, the subject of Survivorman came up. Of course, you know my secret love affair with SURVIVORMAN, right? "Secret" is the wrong term here, INFATUATION is more like it. Did you see the layout? If you haven't, you can find it HERE. But I digress, it turns out that Les had been a guest at her house and his ex-wife was sitting across from me. Talk about 6 degrees of separation!

I got to go now, but I leave you with 2 snapshots from the pool. :)

Here are some freebies I found, too.
The Pursuit of Happiness kit by Retrodiva
Old Glory by Christina Renee/Sue Isaacson
Templates by Berna
Celebrate Independence by Krista
Irene has wonderful wordart: Secret of Bliss
Beach stickers by Choukette
Biebies has a cute template
698
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin