Thursday, July 3, 2008

Grouchy/Evil Ostrich/Bribery/Safari/GreatAdventure

[Bribery] I have discovered that Liam loves to be tickled and kissed, so to entice him into having his picture taken with Marvin, I promised him lots of hugs and kisses. It worked like a charm. He quickly claimed his prize; Kaylie was so jealous! :) Don't worry, I gave her lots of hugs and kisses, too.

Isn't this the loveliest flower ever? I need to find its name.

Emu
Elk
Buffalo

[Evil Ostrich] I was minding my own business, just watching the African Elephants when this fellow came over to our car and started pecking our windshield wiper. He pecked at it for 5 minutes. The kids were so scared. I blew my horn 2 times and it eventually moved away. I was so afraid of running him over, if I started to move. So we just waited it out.
White Rhinoceros
Damas Gazelles
Giraffe (reminds me of Jeffrey from Toys R Us)
Ostrich (not the one that attacked our car)
American Black Bear

Brown Bear
White Swan
Black Swan, from Australia/Tasmania
Baboon




Performer from Living Statue Garden
Performer from Living Statue Garden
The $7.50 funnel cake.


Liam at the Oasis.


This little lad must have been about 2 years old. He was totally fascinated with the dancing water.

Kaylie at the Oasis.

I wonder why when I ask Liam to smile, he frowns instead. It happens instantaneously. And my gosh, is he the grouchiest kid ever or what?! He does look cute, though.

But I really can't say much about it because he is after all my son, and he takes after me. (Don't tell anyone I told you but I used to be a really grouchy teen and absolutely detested being woken up to go to school.)

I try my best to coax him into a better mood by tickling him, or just coddling with him. However, his sister is a different matter altogether. She is the yin to his yang. She just wants to hug him and kiss him, but he pushes her away. And he can be so mean. Sometimes it is hard to try to reign in his character.
But enough about grouchy Liam, let me show you the photos from yesterday's trip to the Safari @ Great Adventure. The kids had lots of fun. We go back next week to Hurricane Harbor (water rides.) 652

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures, Kait! So glad to find you again. I may start following your Challenge on Scrapbook Graphics. I hope you are doing well and I see that the kids are doing good. I have been going through my computer throwing out things and reorganizing using ACDSee. I noticed in my scraplifts folder that so many of my inspirations are your layouts. I have also been dabbling in cardmaking and may go to 12x12 instead of 8x8 in my layouts and do a few paper scrapbooking. Did you finish your tribute book for your mother?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin