Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Public Service Announcement

When was the last time that you had a cervical exam or a mammogram? If it has been longer than a year, you are due to see your doctor.

I hate the pelvic exams with a passion. It doesn't matter if the physician is a male or female. I still hate the test. And guess what, because I will be 42, I get the "other" test (rec*tal exam to detect blood). Did I tell you I hate these tests? I had them done today.

I casually mentioned to him that I suffer from intense headaches a few days before the cycle begins each month. A good thing I mentioned this tidbit of information to him as it automatically precludes me from taking birth control pills. I have a higher likelyhood of suffering a stroke. Nice! :( So, I have to look into having an IUD placed. My choices are Mirena and ParaGard. I have a month to decide. Oh yeah, I have to schedule a visit with the neurologist to see what is going on with me and those headaches.

I also scheduled an appt. with the optometrist. My eye blood pressure tends to be high. I used to take eye drops but the doctor didn't see a remarkable improvement while using them, so he stopped them. I did have my eyes checked last year but not an indepth exam. This time, I will have the indepth exam to determine if I have Glaucoma or need meds.

Further, I have a mammograph scheduled for this month, as well as a dermatological evaluation. I need to get back to the Diabetes doctor. I hate going to doctors. But I have to go, as this old body is falling apart. Oh yeah, started my diet again. Hopefully for good, this time. Need to loose at least 50 pounds. One can wish, right. I will be very happy to reach a 35 lb. loss. 50 lbs. would be the optimal number.

Don't get old. It sucks.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin