Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another Great Adventure/Safari Trip (15 photos)

Gargoyle
Dead Men's Zone
Witch Hazel with a Chameleon
Professor T. Slithers, host of Creepy Crawlers show (educational show with live animals)
Barbary Sheep


Treetop
Mandevilla Sanderi
Red Ankoli
White-Tailed Gnu
Waterbuck? Elk?
Isn't this a gorgeous bird? I need to fint out its name before I scrap it. Have you seen it before?
White Rhinoceros
Grant's Zebra

I used a WATERMARK action by Wendyzine at Scrapbook-Graphics to mark my photos.

We have been to Great Adventure so many times this summer I can't even remember what trip number this is. These last 2 times that we have gone to the Wild Safari have been great as the animals have been crossing the road and getting near our car thus giving us a chance to see them up close and personal. I avoided the Ostrich though he came awfully close to us...within pecking distance. The giraffes were all out, as were the zebras. We really got a good look at the Red Ankolis and the Gnus. The black bears and the brown bears were all napping though I got a shot of a mother in her den, not a good shot mind you, a so-so one. Shooting pictures through the window is not good. I need a bigger zoom lens, too. My poor Canon Powershop is doing its best, but its 12x zoom is not far enough. I shouldn't complain. It has served me well during these last 3 years. I should start saving my pennies to buy a better camera next year.
I hope you enjoy the picts. :)
Hugs,
Kait

1958

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin