Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just the Facts


It has been very cold and windy these last few days. Today's temperature is 40 degrees Fahrenheit; yesterday was about the same.

Kaylie finally learned to tie her shoes! We have been trying and trying for the last few weeks and she couldn't do it. Yesterday, I heard her scream in delight,

-"I DID IT, MAMA!"

-"What did you do, Kaylie? "

-"I tied my shoes."

-"That's wonderful, dear. I am so proud of you!"

Then she went on to demonstrate her newly acquired skills.

Yes, I got pictures. :)

When Daddy got home, she was so excited to tell him what she could do. Then she ran to get a shoe to show him how she did it. So cute!

-I went to the ophtalmologist yesterday. No change in my eyesight pressure but have the beginnings of cataract in one eye, though it is not interfering with my sight. Need to continue going to the dr. every 3 months

-Had the mammogram done today. I wonder why it took me many years to go back for an exam? Oh yes, I remember now. The squeezing of the breast while holding your breath experience is an event that needs to be done every few years...to allow you time to forget it and move on.

3 appointments down and 5 more to go. On Friday I have to go to the family doctor. I am not looking forward to going there. But I can't control my blood sugars with diet alone, so it must be done. I hate taking pills, I hate shots, I hate going to doctors...

Moving on...Today is picture day at the kids' school. I don't know why I bother having their pictures taken because I am never satisfied with them.

After I left Larchmont Imaging, I went shopping. Liam needs a new winter coat and Kaylie needs shoes. I got Liam his coat but couldn't find any cute shoes for him.

As I was browsing, and wondering why all the Christmas stuff is already out on display, I came across a party dress. It was love at first sight. The bodice is black, it has a red bow and polka dot skirt. What did me in was the fact that it came with a matching dress for her doll. And it was on sale. :) I also bought her so matching hair bands, funky tights, sneakers and boots. (all on sale!) The boots I wanted for Liam didn't come in wide so I couldnt't get them. I hate when I have the time and patience to shop and can't find what I want.
1987

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin