Friday, October 31, 2008

Good News, Halloween Treat Bags, Mismatch Day & Freebies






Hamming it up for the camera!

Hello Friends,

What do you think of the new song on my blog? It is titled "The Seeds of Love" by one of my most favorite singers: LOREENA McKENNIT. You will either love her to pieces or hate her. I love her; my husband hates her music. What does he know anyway? :) Lie to me please! Do tell me you love her, too.

GOOD NEWS: I went to the doctor last week for my diabetes treatment because my glucose levels are very high. The good news is that I have been on several medications for a week now and my glucose level this morning was 132! Obviously, I wish I didn't have to take medications to bring it down but at this point I am happy that it can be controled. Most people don't know that they have Diabetes. I have to be vigilant because I had Gestational Diabetes when I was pregnant with Liam. My mother (God bless her soul and may she rest in peace, Amen!) had diabetes. Her mother before her had it, too. So it stands to reason that I inherited it. I am hoping that with a strict diet and exercise, I will be able to cut down on the medications. But until that day, I will shut up and put up with the 3 medications. Evelyn, if you are reading this, be sure to get your doctor to test you. I hope to God that you don't have it or get it, but one can never be too complacent.

TREAT BAGS: I made the cutest treat popcorn treat bags for Kaylie's class. I used Lorie Davison's EEKY FREAKY Collection at Scrapbook-Graphics. The dangling spider is F A B U L O U S!

MISMATCH DAY: Yesterday was Mismatch Day in Kaylie's and Liam's school. It is part of their Spirit Week/Say No To Drugs Week. Liam wanted no part of it. He didn't want to wear mismatched clothes. Kaylie, on the other hand, was super excited about it. She wore a yellow shirt with bright orange flowers and a white/blue/gree patterned skort. Her favorite part was picking the tights. I had recently bought her a pink hose with multiple stripes with red, orange, hot pink, green, white, blue and black colors. Her hair bands were white and blue and her sneakers grey, white and pink. Her final accessory was a pair of hot pink glasses. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Scrapbook page to follow in the next day or two.

FREEBIES:
Andrea has a "witchy" template just for you.
Bethany has a Sweet Tooth wordart, perfect for those Halloween pictures you will be taking today.
Christina Renee has a fabulous SHADOW DANCE sampler on her blog.
Flerg's has a sampler waiting for you. Knock on the door to get your treat. If you stop long enough to read, you'll find another link to another blog where you can get another piece.
Franziska has a gift for you. Knock on her door to receive it. :)
Lettering Delights has a super cute free alpha that you can pick up HERE.
Kristin has a Halloween mini kit sure to please you. Check out her sale while there.
Schaarka has a calendar available on her blog.
I have to go now to take the kids to school. I have a doctor's appt. at 10 and have to go to school today to help out in Liam's class. See you later on tonight!
2094

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Kait, Country Liv here. No, I'm not a stalker! LOL! I use to get all the VIP mailings from SBG until a couple of weeks ago (they just stopped) and I got to see your lovely layouts. Since I haven't been getting the emails I thought I'd stop by your blog to see what's up with you. Long story short ---I had no idea you have diabetes; it's an awful insidious disease that I wish God would eradicate from the face of the earth! My 39 year old daughter has type 1 and we have been through H--- trying to keep her alive these past 11 years. Be sure and take your meds as you should-never skip-eat correctly, and monitor you sugar levels religiously! You owe it to yourself and your family to stick around for a long, long time and you don't want it to progress to type 1.
End of lecture!
Hugs,
Liv

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin