Saturday, October 4, 2008

Halloween Costumes / Great Adventure


Tarantula


Dragon


Karma, the Chameleon.


Corn snake, so named because you'll usually find them in corn fields eating mice.


Creepy Crawlers show - Witch conjuring up animals...






click on images to enlarge.



I left the house at 11:00 and didn't return until 7:30 p.m.
Today is the beginning of Fright Fest at Great Adventure. I bought the Halloween costumes for the kids yesterday, so they were rearing to wear them. I really didn't want them to wear them, but I told them to go ask their father; if he said yes, then they could wear it. Wouldn't you know, he said yes!
I got Kaylie a gothic vampiress costume, but looks too cute to spook anyone. I got Liam a S.W.A.T. costume which he absolute loved. It has a hardhat, a vest to hold his flashlight, badge, handcuffs, grenade and binoculars. They were the hit of the show. They were the only kids wearing costumes and people really noticed them. Liam was a big hit with all the boys and men. He loved the glances and smiles by all the girls and women. The little kids all loved his costumes and cool gadgets. Liam felt special.
We attended a creepy animals show that was education and soooo funny. I got a little video that I will post on my blog later. :)
We saw the Shiver Me Flippers seal and dolphin show again. You know we have been there plenty of times as Liam can recite the spiel by heart.
We went trick or treating, which was a hit with all the little kids.
At around 6pm the park converted into a hunted playground. There was fire, smoke, and a dancing zombies musical sequence that we didn't get to see because of the thousands of peope gathered to view the show.
The water fountain was converted into a dead man zone with red blood spewing from the fountain and skeletons about everywhere. At about 6:15 the smoke machines went into full gear and enveloped the area. The kids were quite taken with all the smoke and decorations.
They want to go back next week. I am not so sure I can take another Great Adventure trip. DH didn't want to go, I wonder why. :) 1759

I got lots of more picts., but am too tired. If I can't do it tomorrow, then on Monday.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i didn't know vampires and swat team members could be so CUTE!!!! sounds like the kids have a fab time! love your pictures. except for the snake one - that, not so much. haha

ann

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin