Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Great Adventure Trip (trip #8?)


Kaylie hanging out w/Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck.
Pepe Le Pew



Liam's favorite ride...Yellow Submarine
Granny
Granny's house
Daffy Duck
Inside the Fun Playground

Liam loading the balls blaster
Kaylie trying to levitate the balls
Around the World ride in Wiggles world.
Dippin Dots icecream: Cookies N' Cream with Oreos - Yummy! And only $4.99 for 1 ounce.
Oh yeah, she loved her dippin dots icecream.

Liam enjoying his icecream
Enchanted teacups
Seal from Shiver Me Flippers show



Oh my. Due to 95 degree weather, the kids rushed off to a mist dispenser to cool down. Imagine my surprise when this Adonis cut in to cool himself off. I immediately thought of all of you and had to take the picture. I did it for you, got it.
He was hot too, in more ways than one. :)
Kaylie cooling off.
Daddy and the kids by the water fountain on Main Street.

I've lost count of the times that I have taken the kids to Six Flags Great Adventure this year. All I know is that it is fun for them and that is all that matters.

This time, however, I cajouled my husband to go with us. A couple of things about him might shed some light as to how it went for him. He is an impatient man, does not like to stand around waiting for anything and dislikes amusement parks. He went along because of the kids, and because I drove and because he knew I wouldn't let him live it down. :)
It was a hot and sunny day; 95 degrees in the shade. Kaylie had been dying to go on the Skull Mountain ride, so Daddy went with her. I was ready to go with Liam but they wouldn't allow me to take my purse with me. And if I left it on the cubby holes that they provide for storage, they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't get stolen, so I unboarded and passed up on the ride. I didn't have a lot of money, but did have my camera and ids. I couldnt' chance it. Instead, I went with Liam to the Wiggles world to keep him entertained while we waited for Daddy and Kaylie to get done with the ride.
The highlight of the day is always the sea lion and dolphin show. We got there 10 minutes prior to show time. The arena is open and fully exposed to the sun. We wore shades and hats, but didn't have an umbrella to shield us from the sun. Dh was moaning and groaning that it was too hot and that he was all wet from perspiration. My way of thinking is that we are already there, we can't do anything about the sun or sweating, so why complain or make a big fuss over it. Shut up and put up is what I did, and told him to do the same. Anyway, I know that this was the first and last time that dh will be coming with us to Great Adventure. I wanted him to experience all the fun I had this summer taking the kids there on an almost weekly basis. We still have a few more trips planned to Great Adventure, but the weather should be a lot cooler. 1543

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin