Wednesday, December 24, 2008

'Twas the Night Before Christmas


click to enlarge

Credits: Baersgarten's Petit Noel Collection @ Scrapbookgraphics.
Backward staple by Jenn Patricks.
Template by ChrissyM.@ Elemental Scraps
Wordart by Bethany of Elegant Wordart.
Label by Michele Godin (now retired)

Today has been an extremely busy day for me. I got up late...at 9:00 a.m. and have been on the go since! I made 2 different types of breakfast since dh and the kids can never agree to eat the same thing.

I called the doctor to make a same day appt. for dh who has an inflamed vein on the top of his left side hand. He took Liam with him to the dr. because Liam was going to get a haircut afterwards.

I stayed with Kaylie and darted out the door to Walmart to pick up some last minutes things such as bows, scotch tape and the most important item: a battery charger. I went to charge my camera's batteries and the charger didn't work. I am glad I noticed it or else I wouldn't be able to take photos of the kids making their projects, baking cookies or opening gifts!

We then went to the supermarket to pick up brown sugar, flour and raisins for our oatmeal raisin cookies that we are going to bake for Santa in the afternoon.

We all arrived to our house after our errands at the same time.

So immediately I set up the up kids on the table to assemble their gingerbread house. I started off helping them but when the super sticky frosting started spewing from the bag and onto my hands, I stopped. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate anything sticky on my skin. Besides, if my hands were all sticky, who would take photos? :)


I segregated all the candies into individual dishes and started the house foundation for them. Then, I let them go to town with decorating the house. The kids loved getting their hands super sticky, of course. After what seemed like hours, the house was completed. Then it started to crumble due to its weight. DH tried to help fix it, but unfortunately the house crumbled in the end, after all that work they put into it. That didn't thwart their enthusiasm, though.

After I helped them clean up, we tackled our 2nd project: Oatmeal with raisin cookies. Santa told the kids that he prefers oatmeal with raisin cookies so he can share them with his reindeer. As this was my first time making them, I made them really big. They were really good, but very, very big. I had so many of them, I saved some to take to my mother in law's house. Needless to say, the kids want me to bake more cookies.

I told the kids that they could track Santa's travels through NORAD. So once I set them up in the computer, they were glued to it. It was fun seeing Santa stopping over in Egypt and showing us pictures of the pyramids and other local attractions. Then, Mount Everest, France, Morocco, etc.

My fellow crew member, Tammy, also sent a link through to a site where Santa sends personalized messages to the kids. The kids loved getting the messages. They were too smart, though. They knew that I had sent in the photos to Santa over the net. I wonder when they will figure out the rest...

Then, I cooked dinner, cleaned up and tried to settle down a bit before starting the last minute wrappings. I am a night owl anyway, so I ended up staying up until 1:30 a.m

Kaylie was so sure that Santa would be arriving to our town by 12:00 p.m. At 1:30, when I went in to check up on her, she briefly woke up to tell me that she was sure that Santa had already stopped by our house to drop off their presents. Then, she went back to sleep.

I'll come back tomorrow to show you Christmas morning.

Until then, may you have a Merry Christmas and get your heart's desire. 2617


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin