Monday, December 29, 2008

Changes




It seems that change is taking place whether we want it or not.

I love Christmas time. I like the preparations, the wrapping of gifts, the neverending Christmas specials on t.v., but most of all I love to see the anticipation on my kids' faces. Their expectation of good things to come...I hate the letdown that occurs thereafter.

They were hoping for a white Christmas but it didn't happen. The weather here has been mercurial to say the least. We've had some days of really cold weather (20 degrees F) and just yesterday the temperature was 65 degrees. Crazy weather!


KAITLYN, THY NEW NAME IS MISERY. With the onset of winter comes the short days and long nights. I like winter but it makes me so miserable. The long, dark days really drag me down. It zaps my energy and makes me want to shut everything and everyone out and go into hiding. I guess my saving grace is that I can't shut down completely because I have the kids to take care of. That is my one and only priority. It has already begun. I feel the world closing in on me.

WANTED: MOJO: I've lost my mojo and can't seem to put a page together. Oh, I can go through the motions but I am just not happy with the pages so I delete them. Not very productive. I've taken a leave of absence from SBG. I miss the crew.

2009 GOALS:

I will concentrate on getting my house organized and spotless; (spotless might be too strong of a word. :)
I have photos to purge, starting from the year 2005 to present;
I have layouts to burn onto dvds to move them out of my computer;
I want to catalogue all the stuff I have to make better use of it;
I want to print my layouts in a bound book and actually print my photos and make photo albums.


3 months might not be enough. :(


I just read over at Janet Phillips' blog that she is leaving SBG come January 15th. I so love her templates and will miss her. However, she'll be opening up a site: http://www.thedailydigi.com/

Anyway, that's it for now. Gotta go download my photos from today. I took the kids to the lake, but it was so windy and cold we didn't stay for too long. 2620
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Robin said...

Kait, I just want to send you a big hug! I hate the winter blahs. I have a nasty case fo them, too. I wish you all the best with your goals. I will miss you while you're on leave.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin