Thursday, December 11, 2008

School Recital

Kaylie is in the school choir and they are having their winter recital today. She is simultaneously scared and so very excited.

I can't wait to see her singing. If I am lucky, I'll be able to get a decent photo. The stage is usually not well lit so the photos pretty much suck!

It is a rainy day, dark and dreary. The kind of day that sucks the energy out of a person. I need to go out to get a haircut. Then I am off to the library in the afternoon to see a preview of the Nutcraker, as performed by the Donetsk Ballet of Ukraine.

The ballet routine was about 30 minutes. They performed The Snowflake from Act Two and a couple of dance routines from China, Russia, India? and I can't recall the other. I guess without props it fell a little flat for me. I was in the front row and could see them perfectly. Unfortunately, because it is a professional emsemble, they wouldn't allow photographs to be taken. :( I wanted to take a few shots to show the kids but...
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin