Monday, November 3, 2008

One Last Hurrah


Photo I took while up in the Sky Way ride.

Synchronized licking of oversized lollipops.

I'm very surprised that I was able to clean up this photo so well. I took it through a plexiglass that was filthy. You can still see some haze around his lower stomach area.

Magic show...joining of the rings

Wags the dog - Wiggles World - Halloween show

Vulture

Baby Zebra

Ostrich...it got pretty close to us, but didn't peck us, for a change. :)

Bear...walked right in front of our car! They seem quite docile, but it is always scary to see them approach the car. You never know what they can do.

Red Kangaroo - I was surprised to see them out and about. Usually they are resting in a dark, shaded spot under the trees where I can't take decent shots.

One-eared red Kangaroo just basking in the sun.
Llama

No. American Bison

White Rhinoceros


Yes, I did it again. I took the kids on another trip to the wild Safari and Great Adventure. Today was the last day of the season. As usual, we went to the safari first, then the theme park. I was able to get decent close ups of the zebras, rhinos and llamas.

We headed straight to Wiggles World for our funnel cake fix. Liam attacked it like it was the last morsel on earth, while Kaylie happily dusted herself with the powder sugar. Then we caught the Wiggles Halloween Show, followed by "Professor Slither's Creepy Crawlers Show," which featured a Chilean spider, chameleon, Flemish Rabbit, and Coral Corn Snake. We have seen the show 4 times already so there aren't any surprises.
Since it was out last trip, I made it a point of boarding the Sky Way line, which took us from one side of the park to the other. I am afraid of heights so being up high in the sky wasn't all that thrilling for me, but Kaylie and Liam loved it. It was super freezing cold, too. The kids were giggling, while that god awful feeling of fear washed over me. Just thinking about it now, brings it all back...the tingling at the bottom of my feet. That didn't deter me from taking a couple of pictures, though they are not the best. I got to face my fears, right?
We saw a Bengal tiger presentation and bought the biggest, most colorful lollipops ever. The kids went in the swings, rode the train and treehouse. We also went on the enchanted teacups and the carousel before ending the day.
So long 6 Flags Great Adventure. It was a great summer experience for the kids. I have thousands of photos to print and/or scrap. :)
2116

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin