Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ear aches, pediatrician, tomatoes, pharmacy, Walmart

The black on his lips is chocolate.

Tomatoes from my garden...aren't they luscious looking? They are so juicy...freshly picked!

Poor Liam can't catch a break. I took him to the allergist 12 days ago; she discovered an ear infection. He was on antibiotics for 10 days 3 times a day. On day 11 I discovered that his ear was swollen. I took him again, and sure enough, he has another ear infection. More heavy duty antibiotics for him. He also has a rash on his stomach. I called the pediatrician and they asked me to come in through the side door, straight into a room. I guess they do that with all patients that could be contagious. It was the fastest visit ever! In and out in less than 20 minutes!

I also switched prescriptions from Walmart to Stine's Apothecary. Stine's is the only small hometown pharmacy that will compound medicines, etc. on demand. Unlike Walmart. If you recall, many weeks back Kaylie was having stomach troubles. The pediatrician recommended an antibiotic that had to be compounded. It was faxed over to Walmart. The following day I called Walmart to ask if it was ready...it wasn't. They then proceeded to tell me that it had to be compounded and they don't do that. When exactly where they planning to tell me this? Walmart's pharmacy in Lumberton sucks big time, not that the Burlington Twp. branch is better.


CVS does not offer better service either. I recall when I was pregnant with Liam that I needed a certain type of insulin due to my gestational diabetes. You know that if you have diabetes being up to date with supplies and dosages is of the upmost importance. Anyway, I stop by to pick up the prescription at which time they told me that they didn't have it and they didn't know when they would be getting it in. That was the last time I got my prescriptions there.


I remember that I used to get my rx at Goldy's pharmany, which got taken over by CVS. Then Walmart moved in, and now we have a Walgreens, too. All of the small town pharmacies have been taken over by big merchants. Until now. I will take my business to Stines who offers far better customer service than Walmart. I only have to wait 10 minutes and the pharmacist takes the time to actually talk to me like a human being and not someone that they have to rush out the door.


Anyway, here is a shot of poor Liam. After we got out of the doctor's office, I took him to Dunkin Donuts for a small treat. It's the least I could do to help him feel better.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin