Monday, June 8, 2009

Six Flags Great Adventure - Trip #1


click on the photos to enlarge.

Hello Friends,

I know I was supposed to come back and post the rest of the pictures from my picture walk, but I have been extremely busy with school activities and the kids.

We renewed our season pass/annual membership to Great Adventure so that's where the kids will be spending their summer this year. We will be doing a rotation among Six Flags (rides park), Hurricane Harbour (water park) and the drive-through Zoo.

Saturday, DH went to Philadelphia to see his friend, Roberto, who had just arrived from Puerto Rico for the viewing and burial of his sister. Apparently, her husband shot her in the head, then committed suicide. These are very scary times we are living in folks! So, DH went to the funeral, while I took the kids to Six Flags Great Adventure. We weren't sure what condition she (the deceased) was going to be in, so we decided not to take the kids in fear of the damage it might cause to their unconcious/subconcious.

SEASON PASS PROCESSING - Renewal was supposed to be a cinch, but I didn't get the renewal cards in the mail so I had to go to Passport Processing for my cards. I go to Guest Passport Processing and they can't help me because I renewed online and they only take the photos to issue the cards. I had to go to Guest Relations to get it solved. I get there and guess where the clerk wants to send me? Yes, back to Passport Processing.

The place is jam-packed, the noise level is sky-high, the kids are bouncing off of the walls, I am hot and irritated, so I said to her: I just came from there! She grudginly took my paperwork, was gone for 5 minutes then came back with my cards. All she did was reprint the cards with the pictures from last year and process my parking season pass.
RENEWAL OF SEASON PARKING PASS: That's another thing. I don't understand why in the world I could renew my season passes online, but not the parking season pass?! If I wanted a day parking pass, I could certainly buy it online, but not a season parking pass - I really don't see the logic in this. I even called customer service to inquire as to why I couldn't buy a renewal parking season pass and they just said that I had to buy it when I came to the park.

Anyway, a half hour later it is all processed and taken care off and now we can resume our normal schedule. Liam and Kaylie both remind me that they wants funnel cakes from our favorite stand. We usually like the "Sea Port" stand located in Wiggles land, next to the Pepe LePew Love Potion Cup rides.

They both love the SHIVER ME FLIPPERS dolphin and sea lion show. We got there 20 minutes before the show was to begin, and it was 3 quarters full. By the time the show began, they had to open the last set of bleachers they had cordoned-off. It was packed. We got decent seating. I got some excellent shots with my 70-200 lens! The lens is a bit heavy, but I knew the baby would eventually pay off.

I took tons of photos, as usual. I made a collage to show you over a hundred photos I processed. The actual number I batch-processed was 243 pictures. It resized all of my photos, added borders and watermark text in 8.24 minutes. I used a free file resized called FASTSTONE Photo Resizer 2.8 , which you can find HERE. Wonderful little application it is!

I got to go grocery shopping now. Will come back later with additional photos.
Ciao! Hasta Luego! Adios! Good bye! 3984
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin