Thursday, February 25, 2010

Just For Today


Don't these conkers look pretty with their snow crowns?

I think is my most favorite photo of them all. The dirt-looking spots are actually snowflakes on my lens. I was in the car shooting out of the window up into the sky. (The lake was deserted this early in the morning. Only the most enthusiastic nature lovers (a/k/a nuts) are out taking pictures.)

I burned the edges of the photo, applied a texture and a blue filter.

Not much to say here...I just liked the way that the tiny seeds were covered with snow.

I loved the yellow leaves against the stark white snow. I applied a texture to darken the edges and bring attention to the leaves and pathway into the woods.

I was atop a tiny bank looking down at a fallen tree.

I am not sure if you will be able to tell, but this is a Mallard Duck happily swimming in the lake. Just look at the snow coming down! I knew I was too far away to capture details of the duck, I liked the flow/motion of the water.

I added a dark texture to the photo to highlight the lonely leaf dangling from the snow covered branch.


Here's my "cute" girl happily wearing my hat.


Just for today, I shall not complain and will rejoice for the new day that the Lord has given me.

It is a dark grey, cold day, 33F degrees. I hustled to prepare breakfast for DH and the kids.

According to Kaylie, today was "LOOK CUTE" day at school. Liam didn't want to look cute, though. :) I am not sure if she was making this up or not, but you know what, I like her to look cute, so I let her wear what she need to complete her look. She chose a pair of Chino slacks and a long-sleeve pink top with sequin decoration, with a tie in the front. She wanted to wear my caramel-colored fuzzy winter hat - you know - the one that makes me look like a Russian. Liam just wanted a pair of jeans and his favorite striped turtleneck long-sleeve shirt.

After I got them dressed, I went out to warm up the car and clean up the car. It has been snowing since last night. I shall not complain about the snow. After I dropped off the kids at school, I went for a walk at the lake. It was so beautiful. The gently falling snow is slowly blanketing everything under the sun. As I look up, the snow is softly twirling around me, I can hear in the background the birds singing their beautiful songs, I am grateful to be alive. The birds have no one to take care of them, yet they go on. They live each day as it comes and go on their merry way. There's a lesson in there for us all, I think. I took this lesson to heart today and snapped away trying to capture the wonderful nature treasures before me. Enjoy!
7393
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin