Sunday, December 20, 2009

Winter Snowstorm

OMG, it has been snowing non-stop since Friday 1:00 in the morning and hasn't stopped! It is a veritable winter wonderland in my neighborhood. It is really too bad that we don't have hills or high altitude spots here because it would be so much fun to ride/slide down with a toboggan.

Early in the afternoon, DH took the kids out for a walk around the neighborhood. They came home will the intention of building a snowman, started shoveling snow then lost steam. They went to talk to their friends in the backyard, across the dividing fence. :) I did make some hot chocolate (not the powdered stuff that you get at the store...these are chocolate bars that you have to grate (Chocolate Cortez, from Spain) which they drank and then decided to come inside.

Speedy Gonzales, my Chihuahua, hates the snow. Every time he needed to do his "business" he'd scratch the door to be let out, but the minute he felt that cold wind enter, he'd back away and hid in his crate. When he finally couldn't hold it in any longer, I let him out, but there was so much snow that he had to hop like a rabbit to be able to go to his designated area. It was so funny! Don't think me a scrooge...I did buy him a coat, but he hates it with a passion and paralyses the minutes I put it on. He won't move from the spot for all the treats in the world - so he freezes.

I did make beef stew, with lots of potatoes and carrots. Even Liam, who doesn't usually eat potatoes and carrots, ate it and later asked for seconds.

DH shoveled the snow in our 2-car driveway, but it looks as it originally did. I cleared a path in the backyard for the dog...

Anyway, snow is supposed to stop tomorrow. It was prognosticated that we'd have anywhere from 10-17 inches of snow. We have 10 now...Winter officially begins on Monday.

Will be back tomorrow with a few photos. Keep warm and give me a holler if you want some hot chocolate. :)
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like fun times in Jersey. How I wish I was there. Yeah right!!!! We're having our winter days here, it's 60 degrees now, but overnight we have a freeze warning. Although, my kids would love to be there now to play with the snow.
Hugs and kisses,
Lil sis

Anonymous said...

That hot cocoa sounds so good:) I had to laugh about poor Speedy Gonsalez, it's not easy being a small dog, lol.
We've got snow but not at all the amount you got, that's amazing! Here in Europe it's bitter cold though...
I think I have to make some hot cocoa myself now:)
Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin