Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of School!

The day that I'd been waiting for all summer finally arrived yesterday - the kid's first day of school! Kaylie looked forward with anticipation and trepidation her entrance into 4th grade; Liam, on the other hand, not so much. But I do have to admit that both of them got up promptly, ate their breakfast without much fuss and managed to get out of the house in a timely fashion.

Of course, I walked them to their classrooms, and took photos! I met their teachers, who appear to be very nice, took their photos, then left. You should have seen Kaylie, she was a social butterfly. She gave Mrs. Pelcak, her former 2nd grade teacher, a big hug.   We then walked to Mrs. Smith's classroom, Kaylie's former 3rd grade teacher, and gave her a hug, too. I then walked her to Ms. D'Adamo's 4th grade classroom, who quickly hugged her (she was Kaylie's 3rd grade math teacher), took their picture, then left.  As you can tell, Kaylie is a warm and caring child, well-loved by all who know her. 

Liam said hello to Mrs. DeMenezes, his 1st grade teacher; and greeted Mrs. Johnson, his 2nd grade teacher, too. I quickly introduced myself to Ms. Bonomo, his 3rd grade teacher, and asked her to pose for a photo, too.  Both teachers were most gracious and allowed me to photograph them. 

Here's a few photos of the kids on their first day back at school.


Hannah Montana - a new favorite of hers!
My Little Man.
He looks adorable with his new haircut.
We looked high and low for a backpack, he finally settled for this one.

New shoes.
Take a picture now!

We are ready!

Liam kissing his sister.

Kaylie kissing her brother.
Liam and Mrs. Bonomo
Kay and Ms. D'Adamo
10136
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin