Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Disney World Here We Come!

Screen shot of Disney photos from Google
One more sleep until we board the airplane to Disney World in Orlando, Florida! It has been a long summer and I've had an extremely hard time trying to keep the secret from the kids. But I did it, as much as I wanted to tell them, I kept my mouth shut and didn't spill the beans, so to speak. Here it is the day before the trip and they still don't know.  I can't wait to tell them tomorrow morning! I bet they will be incredulous beyond belief and excited!

Are you wondering why I decided not to tell them?
1. I wanted to surprise them.
2. Kay is the most excitable child in the whole world and when she is excited she talks non-stop about the trip every day until the day finally arrives.  Frankly, I didn't want to deal with it ALL summer long.  Besides, I'd like for them to sleep well so they are rested and ready to face all the new experiences they will be encountering.   

Lucky for me, my friend Elizabeth is going, too, so I was able to tell them that I was doing research for her, which is partly true because I had to plan the whole thing. From picking up the travel tickets, to ensuring that our names are on the Magical Express list for pick up and drop off from the airport to the hotel, itinerary, down to dinner reservations, I had to do the whole thing.   I've been stressing about it all summer.  I haven't been able to sleep properly for 3 weeks now. I've been waking up at about 3 in the morning, staying up for about 2 hours, and when I return to bed I have a hard time sleeping because DH is snoring or I can't shut down my brain.   Needless to say, I feel kind of tired, yet relieved that the day is finally here.  I will walk the parks until I drop and will probably sleep better now that I can put the worries behind me.

Now, for some details:

We will be staying at the Disney All Star Sports Resort inside Disney World. 

We will be arriving in Orlando tomorrow at around 1:30 p.m. We have dinner reservations at Planet Hollywood.

On Thursday, we are going to Disney Hollywood Studios.  We will be dining at Mama Melrose Ristorante Italiano.

On Friday, the kids and I will be at Epcot.  We will be having dinner at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (in the Norway pavilion) with the princesses.  I bet Kaylie will be super excited about this because she loooooooves all of the Disney princesses.

On Saturday we will be going to the Animal Kingdom and will be dining at Tusker House Restaurant.

On Sunday, we will be spending the day at the Magic Kingdom.  It was super hard to get reservations at the restaurants we wanted, so we had to settle for The Plaza Restaurant.

We will return home on Monday. The kids will have to return to school the following day and I have a teacher's conference with Liam's teacher promptly at 8:50 in the morning, so no rest for the weary.

I am taking my DSLR camera with me so I can take tons of photos, of course. Do you think that 20 GBs is enough? I have 2-8gb cards and one 4gb.  I am also taking my little camera (my Canon that has a problem with the flash unit) but takes excellent outside shots.  For that camera, I am taking 3-2gb cards, so I think I am covered! :)

Wish me luck!
10208
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin