Monday, May 3, 2010

Computer Down/Great Adventure

Hello,

Just giving you a little update on my comings and goings of late. First off, my computer is down. I need to get it fixed, so I can't scrap or download pictures or do anything.
:( Property taxes are due today, so that payment takes precedence over fixing my computer. Hopefully, it won't be too long before I can get it fixed.

On Satuday, which was 97 degrees at its highest, I took the kids to GREAT ADVENTURE and the SAFARI. Apparently, I wasn't the only one with the idea because the place was packed. sone enters the park, one can see the line of cars leading up to the entrance. I didn't want to stay in line for a long time so I went to the safari first. We were there for about an hour, enough time for the line to come down. The good thing about having season passes and season parking is that one does not have to wait in line for very long periods of time.

--The WHITE SWANS are nesting and should have a family of their own soon. I've been to the safari 3 times already and have seen them sitting on their nest...

--The BLACK SWANS (from Australia) are plentiful this year, I spotted 4 pairs.

--The MANDARIN DUCKS are so cute. They had a whole bunch of tiny ducklings running around.

--The male PEACOCKS were out strutting their stuff, but no hens around. I spotted about 5 males with the most beautiful brilliant plumage.

--We saw a STORK up close and personal - they are kind of ugly and big.

--In BROWN BEAR LAND, the bears were trying to keep cool in the shade, while others were busyly engaged in 'OTHER' activities. As we were looking around for the bears, we spotted a pair of bears in an most intimate position. My kids are very innocent and didn't realize that the bears were not playing, but mating. Liam, who usually blurts out what he is thinking, turns to me and says, "Hey,Mama, check out how that bear is shaking his booty!" I couldn't help, but to chuckled. I told them that the bears were "grooming" themselves, just like the Baboons do. Yeah, grooming. ;)

Right before we entered the LION section, we spotted a humongous, unattended OSTRICH EGG on the floor.

We went to the EXPLORATION STATION where we saw a gigantic albino Boa Contrictor, an Egyptian Fruit Bat, A blue-tongue Skink and a Madagscar Hissing Cockroach.

In Bugs Bunny Land, we watched the BUGS BUNNY DANCE OFF. If featured Bugs Bunny and Lola, Sylvester the Cat and Tweety Bird, and Daffy Duck, who was going to be dancing with "BEYONCE." When it was Daffy's turn to dance, Beyonce made an appearance. It was a man, wearing a disheaveled wig, silver gloves and a boa. You should have seen Liam's expression when he saw Beyonce. He was horrified. :) My poor boy doesn't have a sense of humor so clearly he didn't appreciate the impersonation.

--In Wiggles Land, the kids mounted a ride that would take them up high, then drop them little, then go back up higher, then drop them again. Liam even rode it 2 times, which is highly unusual for him. He likes to ride something once, and move on to the next bigger and better ride.

--I loved the topiaries
Tiger Turtle Giraffe

--The kids love riding the RUNAWAY MINE TRAIN, which is a high thrill, fast ride.

--The day was so bright, sunny and hot. I used SPF45 on my arms, but it still didn't do a good enough job of guarding my skin as I still got the itchy rash that I get due to my sun allergy. I guess I will have to ask the doctor what I can use to try to avoid this. With 97 degree weather I just couldn't see myself wearing long sleeves!
8471
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin