Thursday, June 24, 2010

Earth Day Fair - Part Deux


Click image to enlarge.

Good Afternoon from hot, hazy and humid New Jersey. We have had a heat advisory warning in effect since June 20th. So I have been staying inside trying to keep cool, calm and collected. :)

Anyway, I had a half hour to spare so I uploaded the 2nd batch of photos from the fair. I still have a few others to upload, but will do that later. Enjoy!

The fair had a fairly interesting assortment of creepy animals on display. Worthy of mention was the huge bullfrog, the millipede (which was really long and reminded me of a Hebrew National hot dog - which by the way, is the only hot dog that I eat) and the tarantula. There were several types of snakes, skinks, turtles and preserved specimens of exotic beetles, butterflies and bugs that I'd never seen before in my life.

The kids enjoyed the "nature arts." They were provided with twigs, dirt, sand, pods, seeds, leaves, cones, shells and all sorts of things found in nature to create their very own nature collage. Even Liam, who usually frowns at this type of thing, got his hands dirty and create his very own masterpiece. :)

I made them pose for me at the entrance of the garden because I really liked the ivy creeping up the brick wall. :) They were good sports.

There was a band playing in the background, but I was more interested in the solo artist happily playing his banjo. At first glance, he looked like he belong to an Amish community, but as I engaged him in conversation I learned that he wasn't Amish, and that he was aiming for the Elvis Presley look, not "Amish." LOL. Anyway, I told him that being Amish was good and that there were far worse things I could have called him, to which he replied: "that is true." Then he smiled at me. We chatted for a while then I let him go back to his corner to continue playing.

I will post other photos later, if not tomorrow. Have a great day.
Hugs, Kait/ 9033
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin