Friday, March 5, 2010

memories of Mom/Pant Suit/Stitched with Love


My earliest recollection of mom is of her working in a brassiere factory in Mayaguez. All through her life she worked in different factories making all sorts of garments. Back in 1985 I even worked right along with her at Wags Mfgt. in a sport jackets company. Her last commercial job was at the Parachute co. in Trenton, where she had the accident that crushed her finger.

Sewing With Love Collection By Baersgarten
http://shop.scrapbookgraphics.com/product.php?productid=27702&cat=0&page=1
Curled edge by Helena Jole.

Although Mom had always loved to sew, I didn't inherit this particular talent from her. In high school, I remember sewing a simple dress for my Home Economics class, but that was the extent of my interest. As I grew older, I developed a love for cross stich, which Mom also picked up.It wasn't until many years later, when Kaylie came along, that I decided to try sewing. I saw a really cute pant suit pattern at the store that I wanted to try. I picked a light green pattern with white daisies that screamed spring to me. I added daisy buttons, white scallop heart trim around the pockets and bee decals. She loved wearing it and looked totally adorable. Dec. 2004/Christmas.

Sewing With Love Collection By Baersgarten
http://shop.scrapbookgraphics.com/product.php?productid=27702&cat=0&page=1



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin