Monday, August 10, 2009

The Worst Movie I've Ever Seen

A few weeks ago I got a notice from my satellite provider that they had given us for free 3 months of Showtime.

I have a bad habit of not seeing movies right from the beginning...bad habit. I should really read the review before I watch, but hey...

Movie #1 Bottoms Up with Paris Hilton. A total waste of time and I think quite a few of my brain cells were killed during the viewing of this movie. SKIP IT.

Movie #2 Beowulf. Great animation, but nothing else worthwhile. A lesson in what happens when a man listen to his p-e-n-*-s and not his brain and how history repeats itself. Enough said.

Ok. Let's move on to movie #3, the worst movie I have ever seen in my life.

I am a night owl, so about 3 days ago I was up in the middle of the night and I decided to watch a movie. I came across a so called "horror" movie titled, "Hostel 2, by Eli Roth."

I got to tell you that I haven't watched a horror movie in quite a few years - 9 years to be exact. And by horror movies I mean the Alfred Hitchcock kind.

Anyway, when I started watching the movie it was already in progress. I see 3 American girls in a foreign country (I imagine Serbia, Croatia, Yugoslavia, Slovakia or some other European country) attending some kind of fair. This is the only good part. Before I know it, one of the girls gets taken out for an idyllic ride on a lake and when they reach the other end, she's surrounded by a few men, who cover her face and push her into the lake. Next thing I see, she is stark naked, dangling/hanging down from the ceiling, in some kind of dungeon. Next, a woman walks in, strips down and starts to inflict wounds on the poor girl. You can guess what happens next. The girl is subjected to the most hideous torture, all show in extreme details. The fate that awaits her other 2 companions is worse, if you can believe that. Let's just say that it involves chain saws and other types of electrical implements.

I couldn't stomach this movie. The minute I saw the fate that awaited the 2nd victim, I turned off the tv altogether. I was deeply disturbed by this so called horror movie. It is the most violent, horrific and sadistic movie that I have had the displeasure of viewing. I can't imagine what purpose this movie serves anyone. This movie has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. My first and last time watching an Eli Roth film. I won't ever see another of his films ever again. I guarantee you that!

I can't help but to wonder what induces a director to produce movies such as this and people to watch them. Are we so jaded and is violence so deeply ingrained in our society that we think that movies such as this are an acceptable form of entertainment?
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Wow, thanks for the heads up! No wonder there are so many people out there with a few screws loose.. I must admit, I don't even watch TV. I do love the classics, however, like you said, stuff from Alfred Hitchcock. I tell you one of my favorites lately: Nicolas Nickleby is one of them. Fireproof is another one. And August Rush..

Maddy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin