Sunday, August 16, 2009

Memorial Page: Pioneer Spirit

click to enlarge
I am back at square one with scrapping my mom's memorial book. I lost all of my pages in a computer crash earlier this year.

Amongst Mom's albums and things, I came across this photo of Mom as a young woman, together will all of us as little kids. Evelyn appears to be about a year old, which makes this circa 1975. I think that we were at Abuela's house (Julia) by the river. Mom looks so young, still.

In retrospect, she really must have been a woman of strong determination and must have had a pioneer spirit to leave her home, her parents and everything else behind, to come to the US, where she only knew only one person: her brother Geraldo. She remained in Trenton, N.J. until her death in Feb. 27, 2008.

1-Bg. ppr., paper stays/holders, frames, chests, wagon with horse, beaded frame, banjo, telescope and dolls from A Pioneer Story Kit (With Everything In It.) By Lorie Davison (in collaboration with her friend, Clementine Howell)
http://shop.scrapbookgraphics.com/product.php?productid=25363&cat=0&page=1

2-Round metal buttons, jewel encrusted cross, silk lace and buttercup flowers from Faerily Moonlit Kit Collection (With Everything In It!) By Lorie Davison @ SBG
http://shop.scrapbookgraphics.com/product.php?productid=20888&cat=0&page=1

3-Compass from Ticket To Dragon's End A Storybook Kit (Everything Is In It!) By Lorie Davison @ SBG
http://shop.scrapbookgraphics.com/product.php?productid=24637&cat=0&page=1
Font: AL Modern Type
Map of Puerto Rico and newspaper clipping from my personal stash.
\4498
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Donna G. said...

I am SOOO sorry you lost all your work, Kait! I know Try #2 will be even better than the first one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin