Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Manic Monday

Hi Everybody.

Just giving you a quick update. On Saturday, Kaylie, Liam and I went to the Fire and Ice Festival in Mount Holly. It is so cool to see the ice sculptors carve ice sculptures.

We saw a cupid on a harp, a kangaroo on a tree, icicles and snowflakes, a butterfly perched on a flower, a toilet with plunger, Spongebob, the Star Trek Enterprise, an elk, a bear, a mountain lion and a dragon. I am sure we saw more, but these are the only ones I remember.

We also saw a re-enactment of an encampment by the Loyalist fighting for England during the American Revolution. Liam got a chance to talk to the soldiers and get an upclose look of the muskets. Kaylie had her picture taken with a woman cooking outside.

Moises, hereinafter called DH, had a dentist appointment so he couldn't come with us. Anyway, it turned out that the Gutter Guys, who are supposed to replace our gutters this coming month, was coming over to sign paperwork so it worked out. As always, I get a call from the Gutter Guy telling me that he will be over the house in 15 minutes. Not a problem, I think to myself, DH is home. No sooner I call dh to let him know and hangup, he calls me back and needs me home to review the papers and to get a look at all the stuff that they will be replacing. Good think I was only 10 minutes away from our house.

Fast forward to Sunday. Kaylie is super excited about her friend Alanna's birthday party. It was held at the Elks Lodge in Mt. Holly. We got there at 12:3o and stayed until 3:pm. They played musical chairs (Kaylie lost), and got to decorate a cake by herself. It was supposed to look like an igloo....such a cool idea. Photos of the cake forthcoming. She didn't even want to eat cake...how strange is that!

Anyway, on our way home I stopped over at Woolman's Lake to watch the ducks and geese. It was cold, cold, cold. Got some cute pictures of the various geese there. The mallard duck that I posted is one of them.

I get home and noticed that Liam wasn't feeling well. He had a sneezing and had a runny nose. I gave him medicine but there was no way that he was going to get better by Monday to go to school. Then, Kaylie woke up at midnight -- had just thrown up and was running a fever. Both kids stayed home on Monday, Liam slept most of the day and were feeling better by day's end.

Tuesday is my day to volunteer at Liam's classroom. But it turned out that I had to spend some time in the morning at Kaylie's class, too. So, I did an hour at Kaylie's class and then went to Liam's class. I was there for 15 minutes when the principal came in telling the teacher that he wanted to observe their math class. I had to leave the class, but took the work home with me. I finished all the work at home and returned it to school when I went to pick up the kids.

Anyway, I get to Liam's class and the teacher pulls me in to talk to me. Apparently, Liam was acting up on class ALL DAY LONG. She wondered if Liam was on some new medication that was making him heywire. He couldn't concentrate, he would cry if she reprimanded him, he couldn't sit still and made him really intense. I don't know, all last week he was fine, and now he behaves like this. I guess a little boy can only be good for a certain amt. of time before the dam breaks.

Enough about the kids.

DH is visiting his father in Puerto Rico the 2nd week of February. We can't afford to pay for tickets and the kids are in school....so, he is traveling solo. I also found out that his grandmother, who is 95, will be traveling to Puerto Rico with him and will stay here in N.J. with us for 3 or 4 months. Did I tell you that she is 95 years old...she is a loving woman and like another child to me. I am going to have some very busy coming months.

Kaylie has her physical the first week of February, and I will be having my diabetes evaluation during this time, too. It is going to be a tough road ahead for me. Wish me luck.

Love you, miss you.
Kait
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin