Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Update: More Snow...

More snow...

Just what we want to hear: we are getting anywhere from 12 to 18 more inches of snow. The streets aren't even clear of snow yet... Schools will be closed tomorrow in anticipation of the storm and the Mayor has issued a warning and posted signs that cars must be parked off-street.

Yesterday, I took Kay to the pediatric endocrinologist for a follow up due to CONSTITUTIONAL GROWTH DELAY concerns, for which I took her to the doctor back in August of 2009.

The doctor says that she has not grown much since her last visit to him...in fact, less than an inch. She did gain weight, about 7 pounds, and is now 70 pounds. I addressed with the doctor my concern that she is undergoing PRECOCIOUS PUBERTY due to chest and axillary hair growth. Imagine my surprise when he replied that while she is only 9, and is a year behind in growth, she is not undergoing precious puberty, but IS merely starting puberty. According to him, it is not uncommon for girls to start developing as early as 8 years old. She'll have to go back in 6 months for a follow-up. To me, it still seems that 9 is too young to be burdened with breasts. I still have to take her for her yearly physical at the end of the month, so I'll have to see what her pediatrician recommends. I guess I was lucky since I didn't start developing until I turned 12 years old. I suppose I will have to start thinking about the "menses talk." It sucks being a girl - like totally! 7014
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin